Here are five metabolism facts you might not know…
1. Women have a higher proportion of fat & usually have a lower metabolic rate than men.
2. You lose muscle as you get older & your metabolic rate can start slowing down as early as in your 20s.
3. Your thyroid regulates your metabolism & can cause problems with regard to your weight if it’s under-active or severely over-active.
4. Studies have shown that people who eat less than 1200 calories a day have a slower metabolism rate.
5. Your metabolism has to speed up to keep cool in summer & warm in winter. People who live in tropical climates have a resting metabolic rate that’s five percent to 20 percent higher than people living in more temperate regions.
You can snack healthily. Here’s what to sneak on:
1. Three crackers with cheese. Choose whole-grain crackers & a low-fat cheese mozzarella.
2. Almonds. These delicious nuts are rich in fibre & protein, which will help keep those hunger pangs at bay.
3. Apple slices with peanut butter. Spread up to two tablespoons of unsalted peanut butter on each apple slice.
4. Non-fat Greek yoghurt with honey. Drizzle a teaspoon of honey over half a cup of non-fat plain Greek yoghurt.
5. One cup of grapes. They’re loaded with water, contain vitamin K, & a bit of fibre too.
If you want to be happier in life – & that means healthier too – get into these habits:
1. Give. Do things for others.
2. Relate. Connect with others.
3. Exercise. Take care of yourself.
4. Appreciate. Notice the world around you.
5. Try out. Keep learning new things.
6. Have direction. Have goals to look forward to.
7. Be resilient. Find ways to bounce back.
8. Have emotion. Take a positive approach & do things which make you feel good.
9. Accept. Be comfortable with who you are & be kind to yourself.
10. Have meaning. Be part of something bigger. Do things that give you a sense of meaning or purpose.
This is so beautiful & touching!
The talents people are blessed with!
~ Plant a herb garden.
~ At night, turn off your computer completely.
~ Representative glass jars as leftover containers & bulk storage.
~ Stop using disposable bags.
~ Support local restaurants that use food derived less than 160km away.